Jan 18, 2010

A WEEK OF LESSONS...

What have I learned this week?

Several things have stood out to me as I spent the week *shopping* in my own house for groceries:

CREATIVITY IS AN INGREDIENT!!

This really wasn't as hard as I made it out to be, but a dash of creativity was a key ingredient to making this week work for me. An ounce or two of encouragement tasted pretty great, too!

ANYONE CAN DO THIS!

I didn't plan ahead - I just jumped in and did it. It would have been way too easy to just make a grocery run, but it honestly was not that much harder to use what I had in my house.

YOU CANNOT FAIL IF YOU DON'T TRY, BUT YOU CANNOT SUCCEED, EITHER!

I already knew that, but this week was a great reminder. :)

WE CAN LIVE WITHOUT SODA COMPLETELY!

Milk and water are virtually all a person needs to drink, in my opinion. My kids could spend all day drinking juice and soda, but not eat food. This is just a waste of money and tooth enamel for us. Tea, coffee, sweeteners, etc. - aren't they really just flavorings added to water? ;)

WE HAVE BEEN BLESSED WITH SO MUCH!

This may be a common statement, but after going through an entire week without buying groceries, that statement's impact was deeply felt. We have plenty of food sitting in our house day after day, expiring, while others may have empty cupboards, vacant refrigerators, or may even be digging through our garbage can looking for their next meal. Yes, we are blessed and I don't want to forget it.

Lastly:

We REALLY need to keep more apples in the house!


~Missy~

No comments: